[mythtv-users] Any advantages to using the new firewire stack?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Fri Feb 13 03:42:26 UTC 2009

I am presently using a ubuntu 8.10 system, with a firewire
connection to a Motorola DCH-3200 STB.  I noticed a message
from Jarod Wilson dated in December saying that he had
gotten the new firewire stack to work with MythTV.  Would
there be any advantages to reinstalling my system based
on Fedora 10 to use this new firewire stack?  Would it
improve reliability or partially alleviate crashes/hangs when I
accidental try to tune an encrypted channel, for example?