[mythtv-users] How to make use of additional transcode profiles

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Fri Feb 13 04:18:44 UTC 2009

Myth comes with 3 built in Transcode profiles, plus 2 autodetect profiles.
It lets you define additional profiles which is fine, and I have
done so, but it never offers those profiles when you queue a transcode
job, only Default, Autodetect and Low/Medium/High.

When you set the default, you can pick among the new ones, but
of course can only set one as your default.   You can also select among
the created profiles in a recording schedule, which is fine for auto
transcode, but I don't wish to do that.

What I hope to do is arrange a transcode later, manually, off the
job menu.   But there I can't pick my new profiles, which are
aimed at HDTV.

What's the best way to do that?  Keep changing the default?  If
I change the transcode job on a recording schedule will that change
the default for that recording but not for others?

It's been a while since I tried to transcode HDTV, especially with
cutlists.   Back then it never worked, the audio always got out
of sync.  Has this been fixed, does anybody know?