[mythtv-users] Myth Demo

Raalph A raalph.a at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:40:09 UTC 2009

Has anyone ever set up a Myth demo build?  I'm thinking a
psuedo-functioning BE/FE system that comes with a couple weeks of sample
SD schedule info preloaded, and a handful of snippet videos/songs/pics,
just so someone can install it and get a feel for the UI and the various
functionality.  I've managed to compile trunk and get it running on my
laptop (booting Ubuntu off of a USB hard disk), but having no capture
card and no schedule data, I've thus far been pretty limited with how
much of the functionality I can explore.  I'd guess that I'm not the
only one that would download and play with a relatively self-contained
(easy to install, easy to remove) package that shows off the latest 0.22
features.