[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun corruption

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 20:02:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, February 13, 2009 11:29, Michael D. O'Brien wrote:
> I've been having major HDHomeRun corruption issues lately.  HD recordings
>  that are created have varying degrees of blocking and audio breakup.
> HDHomeRun reports great signal strength and quality as per their
> recommendations in the troubleshooting PDF (QAM, signal > 80%).  I've
> checked dmesg for hardware/network issues, but don't see any.
>
> This happens more on ABC HD than other channels, but on all other HD
> channels.  SD channels do not have corruption issues.

In my setup at home, I have my wireless access point sitting next to my
HDHR.  Depending on the channel I've got the AP configured to use and the
position of the antennas, I get a lot of corruption in my HDHR captures.
I've found that even a slight move of the antenna can cause problems.

In these situations, I get solid signal strength.  The symbol quality (as
reported by the Windows HDHR tool), is low, though.

You might check to see if there are any other devices nearby that might be
causing problems, especially if something has moved recently (even
slightly).

Jason