[mythtv-users] Satellite TV and MythTV, getting started

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 21:41:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2009, at 1:48 PM, John P Poet wrote:
>
>> I tried emailing those people over a week ago, asking for verification
>> that it is the PL2303 and not the X.  They have never gotten back in
>> touch with me, which is not a good sign.  Maybe they don't speak
>> english?
>
> I doubt they speak English. I haven't heard anything or gotten the item,
> yet. If I don't get it before next week I'll have one of my Chinese friends
> send them an email asking about it.

Did you ever get it?

I decided to get one of the Dynex cables off of ebay, and it showed up
today.  When I plug it into linux, I see:

usb 5-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
pl2303 5-2:1.0: pl2303 converter detected
usb 5-2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 5-2: New USB device found, idVendor=067b, idProduct=2303
usb 5-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 5-2: Product: USB-Serial Controller
usb 5-2: Manufacturer: Prolific Technology Inc.

So, that is promising.  I will try it with one of my Directv receivers
when I get home tonight.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.