[mythtv-users] ccextractor srt display issue

Mike altmcf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 23:55:52 UTC 2009

I've been experimenting with the ccextractor program.  I ran it on one
of the mpeg2 files in /storage/recordings from the hdhomerun OTA tuner
(mythdora5 box).  It produced an SRT file.  When I cat the srt file I
see expected caption data.  When I try to play the show in mythtv I
don't see any subtitles being displayed.  I tried hitting T and then I
see a Subtitles On message but still no subtitles coming from that SRT
being displayed on screen.  According to everything I have read the
SRT should just be picked up if it is the same name as the original
file name but with the SRT extension.  Anyone run into something like
this?

I want to be able to get captions after the show has been transcoded
down to a smaller size which is why I am messing with this.

Thanks,

-Mike