[mythtv-users] ipaq as a frontend remote control

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 00:43:36 UTC 2009

I've been using a laptop pointed at mythweb/remote but that's getting
kind of old.  I have an 5450 ipaq running pocket pc 2003 and I thought
it would make a good remote.

It's connected to the wireless network, but the browser in it uses the
"mobile" version of mythweb which means the remote functionality
doesn't work.

I also thought of using it to broadcast IR but none of my recording
cards have IR sensors (I do have a pchdtv 5500 which has IR input but
it appears to linux as a keyboard with a driver hack ;))

Even better than both of those would be a custom mythtv pocket pc
application that just has some large buttons on it for controls and
sends commands to the telnet port on the frontend.  Anyone know of
anything that does this?  Any other suggestions for me?

Matt Z