[mythtv-users] Cannot select menu options -- UNDERSTOOD but SOLVED?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 14 04:33:59 UTC 2009

On 02/13/2009 11:13 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:
> The issue was that occasionally I go into one of the menus and
> everything is grayed out so I can't select anything.  What I found out
> today was this is caused by the other desktop (I have the TV and a LCD
> control monitor) having focus.  If I move the mouse over to the TV and
> click, the menus work.
>
> So, I can do this but I am still left wondering if there isn't a way
> to have a key on my remote that moves focus to the TV.
>
> Anyway, I can live with it.  I just need to remember to move the focus
> back to the TV after  using the control monitor.

If you're willing to devote a whole button to it (or if you use LIRC
modes, anyway, you could just use a mode for it), you can use the script
at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722

You may want to edit the coordinates in the script.  Doing so is pretty
straight-forward.

Mike