[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Re: Plagued by DVI screen blanking.

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 14:02:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Jason Sullivan <jason0x21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Jason Sullivan <jason0x21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What I've noticed is that switching desktops brings it back, and
> sometimes it comes back all on its own.  So, here's my theory: Could
> it be a synchronization problem?  When I had the totally wrong setup,
> I got the same effect (screen blank with no picture).  Since the time
> before blanking is variable, I'm thinking this is the problem.

A little more targeted googling about modelines in the xorg conf file
brought me to the following page...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:BlueCamel

With a very specific modeline that appears to work with no problems!
Folks wanting to create their own specific modelines should look at
the following page:

http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl

Or check out the program "videogen", either of which I would have used
had I not found something specific that works.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com