[mythtv-users] Issue with Mythweb and streaming music

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sun Feb 15 17:25:27 UTC 2009

David Whyte wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>>
>> Chris Petersen wrote:
>>

>>> Open up the m3u file you get from mythweb and make sure that it's using
>>> a server IP address that makes sense.  If so, try accessing the URL
>>> directly with your browser to see if you get a better error message.
>>>

> <snip>
>
>> I dropped one of those URLs into Firefox, and mplayer came up and played
>> the song without a problem.  Apparently it's an Amarok issue.
>>

> I am having the same problem.  Mine works fine when I am within my
> network and using port 80 (i.e.
> http://192.168.0.100/mythweb/music/stream?i=5220), but when I am using
> the same laptop  (still within my home network) but with my external
> URL, which translates to
> http://vullers.thewhytehouse.org:xxx/mythweb/music/stream?i=5220 in
> the m3u, I get the error from Totem Movie Player.
>
> Any ideas?

David:

In my case, the problem appears to be a software configuration issue on my
new laptop.  It doesn't work when it's on my internal network either, but
other machines on the inside don't have a problem.  Likewise, it worked
fine with my old laptop (running an older version of Ubuntu) when on the
outside.

Bob