[mythtv-users] Directories where ripped DVDs are stored

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:33:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2009, at 10:22 AM, Brian Edmonds wrote:
>
> I've started using myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to import video files (which I've
> typically ripped from DVD) into myth proper instead of using mythvideo.
> This way they're available on any frontend, including mythweb.  I find this
> a much better experience.
>
> Or you could use NFS to mount the video directory on every frontend and make
> them available everywhere that way (mythvideo has a mythweb module, so it's
> always there).
> -Brad

I am told that in 0.22 mythvideo will stream in the same way as
recordings, and there will be no need for all this mounting. I hope
thats right.

BTW 802.11g seems OK for cifs mounted mythvideo at SD data rates.
There is the odd glitch and I am looking forward to completing my
wiring and getting ethernet speeds. (Also we have reinforced concrete
walls which aren't that great for wireless. Actually they aren't that
great for running wires either!)