[mythtv-users] Problem with AC3, Audigy, and Pinnacle PCTV HD 800i

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:30:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Adam Miskiewicz <adam.skevy at mac.com> wrote:

> I actually have my remote doing that now...except I don't have an IR
> receiver for the computer.  Any ideas on which one to get that would allow
> me to use LIRC and a universal remote?

Before the bottom post Nazi gets you let me point out that they want you to
put your replies under the previous message.  I think it is nuts but I try
and follow it.

Anyway, I used an old remote from a broken DVD player to generate codes
which I captured in LIRC.  I then used this remote to program my MX-500
(discontinued) .  Given that strategy, what you need is an IR RX.  I use the
RX in my HDHR.

I have always thought the hot way to go would be to get an IR keyboard and
then use the keyboard to program keys on a remote.  Then you don't need
LIRC, which may have some problems with delays, not clear however.

But the one I bought broke in a day of use and I sent it back.  I was going
to buy another one from Amazon but when I clicked on buy, they wouldn't put
it in my shopping cart in spite of saying they had 3 in stock.  When they
got them in stock, the price had doubled.

So, you need an RX receiver and perhaps a remote.  Media Center remotes are
well supported as are StrreamZap
http://www.streamzap.com/  $30 from <http://www.streamzap.com/>
$30 from Amazon I see.

Allen