[mythtv-users] How big CF card for frontend?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Feb 16 10:41:44 UTC 2009

Phil Wild wrote:

> I bought a 4GB USB stick and mounted it internally. Mythbuntu is
> currently consuming 2.5G of the 4G stick. 0.5G is swap leaving 1.5G
> left.

Ouch. You really, really, don't want to be using any CF storage as a swap
partition. If you're just running a front end, you don't need swap[1], so turn
it off. If you do need swap, it's easier to just add more RAM instead.

[1] Exception might be if you're thinking of suspending the system between uses,
instead of shutting down/rebooting.

--

Mike Perkins