[mythtv-users] Directories where ripped DVDs are stored

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Mon Feb 16 13:04:38 UTC 2009

> I am told that in 0.22 mythvideo will stream in the same way as
> recordings, and there will be no need for all this mounting. I hope
> thats right.

I agree, this would be nicer. Cross my fingers as well.

> BTW 802.11g seems OK for cifs mounted mythvideo at SD data rates.
> There is the odd glitch and I am looking forward to completing my
> wiring and getting ethernet speeds. (Also we have reinforced concrete
> walls which aren't that great for wireless. Actually they aren't that
> great for running wires either!)

I did some tests, watching a ripped DVD from a Windows XP laptop over
802.11g, and my conclusions were the same: it is almost perfect, with
the occasional glitch. But I will also look into wiring my house for 100
/ 1000 Mbps.

Best regards.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm