[mythtv-users] How big CF card for frontend?

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 16 14:35:50 UTC 2009

Phil Wild wrote:
> I have bought an 8G card which will replace it... I keep hitting
> issues that fill the filesystem with a huge mythfrontend.log file
> "forcing jumpto 1" I am hoping the 8G card will give me extra time to
> fix it before hitting the 100% full mark.

You could redirect the log files to another machine (e.g. you master
backend) using the syslog facility. For programs that do not log using
syslog but send logged output to stderr/stdout, you can redirect it the
logger utility. For programs that do not log using syslog but log to a
file, you can create the log file as a named pipe and use the logger
utility to read the named pipe.