[mythtv-users] Settings scheduler to record HD shows on HD tuner before falling back to analog tuners

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Mon Feb 16 19:12:27 UTC 2009

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Just thinking, another thing you could try would be:
>
> 1.  Set the Boost for HD flag to something like +2
> 2.  Set the priority for your SD tuner to something like +1
>
> An HD show on the HD tuner should get +2
> An SD show on the HD tuner should get +0
> An SD show on the SD tuner should get +1
>
> Maybe?
>
> Kevin

If you get a chance to try this out I'd be curious to know if it works.
I have a similar, yet different situation. I have one analog card and
one digital card (the drivers for analog capture on the digital card
don't exist and even if they did, the lack of hardware encoding would
probably keep me from using it for that). Virtually every show on the
local broadcast channels here is sent across the wire 3 times. Once in
analog, once in digital HD (either channel 77-x or 78-x) and once in
digital SD (18-x). I'd really like to be able to set the priority to be:

1. Digital HD (only for HD broadcasts)
2. Digital SD
3. Analog

Obviously any program that isn't available in digital form would drop
straight to the analog card (like it does now). Likewise, any program in
HD would be recorded on the HD Channel... and if there's another show
available on a different multiplex of that card, it too can be recorded
(like it does now). The only difference would be if it's available on
the digital station but not an HD broadcast to just record it off
channel 18 (which I actually completely disregard right now due to the
fact that it duplicates existing channels).

Hope that makes sense.... pretty much what the OP was talking about,
just a slightly different scenario.