[mythtv-users] Netflix Streaming on Myth box?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:55:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like running Netflix streaming on XP within VirtualBox on Ubuntu is
> the way to go at this point for me.  I have found several tutorials on how
> to do this but as usual my apprehension on following some out of date
> or fatally flawed tutorial into a system crash is kicking in.
> Can someone who has done it let me know where I can find a good guide for
> putting VirtualBox 2.1.x in Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.x?
> Candidates:
> 1) https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VirtualBox
> 2) http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2008/02/01/how-to-do-seamless-window-integration-with-ubuntu-virtualbox/
> 3) http://ulyssesonline.com/2008/10/06/installing-virtualbox-in-ubuntu-804/
> 4) http://www.ubuntu-unleashed.com/2008/04/howto-install-virtualbox-in-hardy-heron.html
> 5) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=770745
> Others?  Recommendations?
>
> There seem to be two versions, open source and notfree.  I have a USB air
> mouse so I think that means I need the notfree version.  Can someone confirm
> this?
>
> Allen

I ran NetFlix under XP in vmware-server as a quick test on my Gentoo
64-bit machine. It works fine visually although I don't have sound
working in that environment yet so I cannot really use it. Anyway, no
DRM problems which is the important part.

- Mark