[mythtv-users] Question on how to purge old recordings

*malcolm* malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:44:47 UTC 2009

Due to the recent errors running mythfilldatabase seen in the UK.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/370065#370065

I need a new version of xmltv. I don't want to just patch the backend as
it really could do with an overhaul as it is based on FC4 and has been
solid since deployment.

I suspect that my recording directory is cluttered with uneccessary
files from failed transcoding, interupted transmissions etc.

Therefore before I back up all the data (and the database) I'd like to
remove as many uneccessary recording files as possible (I have ~1TB
recordings).

That is a long winded way of asking:
"Does anyone know a method of purging a recordings directory for files /
recordings that are no longer referenced in the database.?"