[mythtv-users] Playback with xine?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Feb 17 04:48:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 06:35:58PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2009, at 2:17 PM, jedi wrote:

>>> "Nevermind the frills. The internal player has problems just playing
>>> stuff. It's pretty easy to throw something that will make it puke or
>>> generate results that will make you want to puke. Being able to use
>>> a different player in mythvideo is VERY handy.
>>>
>>> Lack of bookmarks is a minor nuissance but you can't argue with
>>> files that don't play right.
>>>
>>> [deletia]
>>>
>>> Removing the external player feature in mythvideo seems to be a
>>> dubious benefit and an obvious loss."
>>>
>>> -----
>>>
>>> Just wanted to remind you that he did complain that the internal
>>> player
>>> was essentially useless for him before he said submitting files that
>>> broke it was out of the question. He also suggested that removing the
>>> ability for external players was somehow a conscious sabotage.
>>
>>    So you can't imagine why me "submitting samples" might possibly be
>> and obvious sort of problem?
>
> So you can't imagine why not getting samples might possibly be and
> obvious sort of problem in fixing what's wrong?

    So where's the fire exactly? Unless someone is intent on breaking
how things currently work, there is no rush to fix the internal player
so it can be a perfect replacment for xine or mplayer. It's simply not
necesary.

    This issue is entirely artificial and dependent on the idea that
the way that mythvideo current works needs to be changed.

>>    Of course I am going to criticise the internal player (past or
>> present)
>> if that condition is why my current use of mythvideo is an end result
>> of that.
>> It's pretty darn relevant. The external player option is a very
>> suitable
>> workaround and has served me well. It also led to some very handy
>> hacks.
>
> You seem to be arguing my post quoting you.

    You should stop pretending to be the moderator or one of the
developers.

>>> -Brad
>>>
>>> Postscript: I didn't delete anything from that quote, he just isn't
>>> using "deletia" correctly and I quoted that part, too.
>>
>>    Is there an RFC on this?
>

> http://www.answers.com/topic/deletia
> and many like it.

     There is nothing in this site to support your whining.

     It also isn't an RFC.