[mythtv-users] ipaq as a frontend remote control

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:03:31 UTC 2009

2009/2/16 Matthew Zimmerman <mzimmerman at gmail.com>:
> On my ipaq I had to change my battery power settings as when the wlan
> connection is torn down, you need to stop and restart MythControl on
> the ipaq.  This caused a lot more time and clicking when I really just
> wanted to fast forward 30 seconds :)  Each time it would turn off, I'd
> have to wait for the wlan connection to setup again too.

you could try using mort-script and making a script which starts
mythcontrol and turns off the screen without putting your ipaq in the
standby mode (and without disabling wireless connection). it would not
need much battery and you would not have to wait for the wireless
connection to be established.