[mythtv-users] Deinterlacing settings for 6200 vs 8400GS and VDPU???

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Feb 17 13:21:05 UTC 2009

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> says:
>> Bob2x produced what looked like excellent results on the moving bar
>> but seemed to do nothing helpful when the picture is paused.
>
> That's my experience, too; Bob with the xv-blit renderer does an
> excellent job with movement/pans. It is a 2X deinterlacer; it takes
> advantage of your projector's progressive output and doubles the
> refresh rate on interlaced content, producing noticeably-smoother
> movemet than with the 1X one field, kernel, or linear blend
> deinterlacers.

Don't get me wrong, not in any way criticising your advice, which
is all good, but something worth saying I think: although Bob is
excellent for avoiding motion artifacts (well in fact it should
not produce any), using it means you'll get no real advantage
from having a 1080 screen over a 720. And supposedly content providers
choose to transmit in 1080i when there's a lot of detail in
the images, and not so much motion.

Paul.