[mythtv-users] "It works"... but really it doesn't. [Mythweb]

Reid Anderson reidsanderson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 18:49:09 UTC 2009

I am having a problem with the mythweb interface.  Everything was
working fine last week and I was able to view schedules, setup
recordings, browse and listen to music, watch recordings, etc through
the web interface.  I ran an update late last week (which I seem to
recall included php among the list of 10 or so updates) and since
then, I have not been able to access the web interface of mythweb.  I
tried reinstalling mythweb today and that didn't work either.  I can
get the "It works" page when I access the root level of the site
(http://[mydvrname].[dyndnsdomain].org:xx80), but when I add /mythweb
to the address I get the following...

Safari can't open the page "http://.../mythweb" because the server
unexpectedly dropped the connection, which sometimes occurs when the
server is busy. You might be able to open the page later.

I've tried Firefox as well and it just gives a fully blank page
without any error message, so it doesn't appear to be a browser issue.
 Since I am getting the It Works page, it seems the webserver is
running fine, but perhaps there is an issue with PHP?  Should I try
reinstalling PHP or try a downgrade to a previous version of PHP, or
is there some simple change I can make in the current version to
restore functionality?

Thanks,
     Reid Anderson