[mythtv-users] Leaving...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Feb 18 07:54:34 UTC 2009

Allen Edwards wrote:
> By the way, I don't think you have ever seen me top post on this list
> since it was first point out to me what the rules were.  I fact, I
> just informed a new poster of the etiquette the other day.
>
> Is this post plain text or html?  Looks plain to me.  No smilie faces,
> just text.  No pictures.  I can't tell the difference on this end.
>
> And I think I will always trim like I did this one (CTRL-A DEL).
>  Saves space and you can always just look up the down the thread to
> follow, although you will have to sort your email backward to follow
> it or it will be a virtual top post and be unbearably difficult to follow.
>
> It is ironic that a post that was started by someone saying he was
> leaving the list and that turned into some people discussing what
> might be done to improve the list has turned into a pissing contest.
>  If Brad is still reading he must be having a good laugh.
>
> Allen

Actually it is sent as both text *and* HTML... The 60% more data
scenario mentioned before, but still better  than HTML alone...  ;-)
It depends on you mail client, but most will have something like a
"format -> Plain Text Only" option hidden in a menu (Options for T-bird)
or dialog...

Anyway, I agree with your assessment of this thread.

BRgds,
--FP
(Still no sigs)