[mythtv-users] Crease lines during motion

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:54:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Dan Wilga <
mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> At 10:02 AM -0500 2/17/09, jr wrote:
>
>> Fast motion is accompanied by horrizontal lines that bracket (above
>> and below) the focus of the motion or panning.  The appearance of the
>> lines brings the word "creasing" to mind.
>>

> The more common name for this is "tearing"--pronounced like what you do to
> paper, not what happens to your eye when you see it happen.
>
> It's probably worth mentioning the distribution you are using and the video
card and version of Xorg and drivers.

I've sufferered this with both an onboard intel card (on a mac mini) and
nvidia cards.  Strangely I never managed to get my mac mini to display
without tearing when using Fedora - but moving to Ubuntu solved it.  I did
solve it on the nvidia card.