[mythtv-users] giving up on vdpau

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Wed Feb 18 15:41:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using an Asus M3N78-EM motherboard, gigabit ethernet
> split/front/back config. The motherboard has nvidia 8300 chipset
> onboard.

I'm using that board with an Athlon X2 3800+ and VDPAU. It works great
for me. I have also used it without VDPAU and it can play ATSC
recordings just fine with CPU decoding. I use Bob 2x with it, I don't
know how the chipset handles the Advanced or Temporal deinterlacers,
but Bob looks good to me and performs well. I'm using the onboard
video and sound, though I'm using stereo out as I don't have a
surround decoder in that room. I have 2GB of RAM in the machine, with
512M dedicated to the video. No audio sync issues. Pretty much a
default install of Mythbuntu 8.10 in frontend only mode. I added the
latest NVidia drivers and the VDPAU patches from Jean-Yves.