[mythtv-users] ATSC -scanning

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:39:33 UTC 2009

Geoff,

I was actually trying to scan Cable. When I scanned 8VSB which I'm assuming
is OTA it was the only thing that showed any signs of life - I made the
mistake to "assume" that it was interchangeable with cable, wrong on my
behalf!!

I was successful last night in scanning cable (QAM) and have a channels.conf
but no way to import it into Myth strangely enough... so my dilemma is how
to import the channels.conf. I thought I could get sneaky and import it
through my other DVB satellite card input and then change the cardid in the
DB to point to the HD300 but it just locked up mythtv-setup, so I guess I
have to manually set up the DB instead???

It looks like this:

*KNTV-HD :207000000:QAM_256:65:68:4
NBC Wea :207000000:QAM_256:81:84:5
KBWB-HD :503000000:QAM_256:49:52:3*

It's kind of strange that there isn't a place to actually import a
channels.conf for this card or I just don't know where it is. According to
the wiki it should be located with the channel scan features in
mythtv-setup, but it isn't, there's no scan type option allowed for
importing a channels.conf file...