[mythtv-users] Video and Audio Stutter

Josh fuxxociety at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 03:59:59 UTC 2009

Well, it appears that I've got the same issue as the thread starter.

Affected system is a C2Q Q6600, 1GB DDR2, 40GB sata HD.
It's a standalone frontend, backend is on another machine.

Apparently only one channel is affected, with the audio buffer underruns and
dropping video frames to resync with audio.

I have disabled audio by setting the audio device in mythfrontend to 'NULL',
video playback is silky smooth, no dropped frames at all.

I've checked for conflicting IRQ's, my sound card is using IRQ 18 and is not
shared.

My 'mythfrontend -v playback' is located here:
http://rafb.net/p/mkLEhL42.html
I was playing back a recording from the affected channel while dumping the
logfile, so all the errors at the end are related.

Thanks in advance, any more info I can give just ask.