[mythtv-users] OT: A question on the HD-PVR and non-HD content

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Feb 19 07:01:26 UTC 2009

John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> 1080i generally "works" now.  Recording, at least, works just fine.

That's good to hear; while I know setting my cable boxes to emit 720p
would have been fine qualitywise and VDPAU makes playing back the
maximum bitrate a snap, it seemed a shame--as minor as it is--to
"lose" any quality from the box when dealing with 1080i content.

While on the subject, how stable would you say you and the other
developers have gotten MythTV's HD-PVR support nowadays? The AVSForum
Windows HD-PVR forum remains awash with tales of units that hang,
units that need rebooting after every recording (!), etc., etc., but
given the total lack of HD-PVR horror stories on the mythtv mailing
lists I presume it's Windows at fault, not the HD-PVR.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array