[mythtv-users] X lock when using VDPAU : explanation and work-around

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Thu Feb 19 16:37:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 03:12 +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> So the difference is one run with real-time priority the other one doesn't.
>
> I edited /etc/security/limits.conf and removed all the bit making
> mythtv run with higher priority ... Rebooted
>
> And no more hang !!
>
> So now you have a solution to fix this problem ...

There is also an alt-sysreq key to remove all realtime
priority from all processes. Might be handy before a reboot
to see if it brings the system back. I'm pretty sure
it's alt-sysreq-N. The downside is it takes realtime priority
away from some kernel threads, though my experience is that
everything continues to work. YMMV, buyer beware, etc