[mythtv-users] Static Xorg.conf Config from EDID

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Feb 19 23:05:54 UTC 2009

I have a 1080p screen that I've been happily using on a GEForce 7600 GT for
over a year now. Displays HD content just great.

However I'm using EDID for Xorg to configure itself. I bought a new receiver
through which I am now passing the HDMI signal. If the receiver isn't on, Xorg
doesn't get the EDID configuration information it needs from the screen.

I've played with a few mode lines but none of them create a setup that will
display on this screen.

Does anyone know how to convert an EDID-based setup into a static configuratin
that won't require a screen attached at run-time? I'd like to be able to
restart X without the receiver being on.

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek