[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 20 02:09:33 UTC 2009

jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
>     I can't help wondering if
>     the close partnership of NBC and Microsoft, combined with the fact
>     that Boxee is strictly Mac/Linux has at least something to do with it.
>

> Boxee and XBMC have official windows ports.

they released mac and ubuntu hardy/intrepid versions, afaik windows is
still in closed alpha. probably there are a few microsoft executives
that sit on hulus board, and this plays some part in their decision.
boxee already had permission from hulu to use the content from the
start, the same as cbs, abc, mtv, etc.  I suspect there was no contract
signed between hulu and boxee either :(

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com