[mythtv-users] OT - Unkillable Firefox Thread Problem

Matthew McClement mythtv at macker.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 11:59:02 UTC 2009

David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Thu, February 19, 2009 8:30 am, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> True, but now Foxmarks can store your logins and passwords as well,
>> which is the more painful thing to lose for many.
>
> If you're willing to entrust an outside website with a very vague privacy
> policy with your passwords, you're a more trusting man than me. ;)

You realise that Foxmarks can use a 3rd party FTP or WebDAV server for
sync'ing? All you land up losing is the my.foxmarks.com access.

As an added bonus, the data serialization is done using JSON, which
makes it trivial to parse and do interesting things like providing a
private cache/mirror of bookmarked websites.

Matt