[mythtv-users] HD playback unresponsive to remote presses

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Fri Feb 20 13:56:44 UTC 2009

Commonly when playing HD content I have trouble having keypresses from my
remote (lirc) be registered from mythfrontend.  Sometimes the keypresses will
be queued up and handled in a little bit, other times they're just ignored
completely.  And then sometimes I can actually do things like fast-forward,
rewind, pause, or stop.

I don't believe I'm maxing-out my dual-core Athlon X2 as I can typically ssh
into the box without problems (confirmed by 'top').

I tried searching the archives, but couldn't really find any solutions in the
couple threads I found.

Are there any settings I should look at to make things more responsive?

-Doug