[mythtv-users] MythWeb streaming guides?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 14:39:55 UTC 2009

All,

Can anyone point me to a good guide for setting up streaming video via MythWeb?

My HP mini can play the videos videos just fine because I use Firefox and VLC.  However, my work computer, which uses IE7 and WMP, cannot.
Surely there is a way to get this to work since I'm only trying to play MPEGs and AVIs.

All of the solutions I have seen include stuff like "This assumes you are on the same network (why?)" or "You have to use Samba to get this to work" (why would I be using a remote web interface if I simply browse to the samba share?) or "You have to install VLC" (yeah, VLC is great, but I can't always control what is installed on the client).  There must be some way to configure the backend for this.

Thanks!

--Pete