[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 20 17:11:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:01:45PM -0500, Jason Weida wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Well, NBC made Hulu to compliment TV.
> >
> /snip/
>
> I agree, and it is so ironic.  hulu shows were the *only* time I watch
> advertisements.  I don't even mind watching them because it's just *one* ad
> and it's 30 seconds long.  Not a long enough break to leave the room and/or
> ignore the ad.
>
> Before DVR, on ad breaks I would mute the volume and read, talk to my
> spouse, leave the room, maybe even stop watching if I realized the show was
> bad in my moment of free thought.
>
> With DirecTivo, I fast forwarded/30 sec skipped through 4+ minute commercial
> breaks.
>
> With Myth and my OTA shows... auto commercial skip.  My giddiness is only
> tempered by a slight pang of guilt as I see about 3 blank frames where the
> ad break would have been.  (Sometimes I even wish there was a way to watch
> just one commercial per break.  I know, I'm crazy...  But zero commercials
> does kind of take me out of the loop on what the kids are talking about
> these days ;-).)

     Wanna stay in the loop? Watch Batman:The Brave and the Bold. '-)

     It breaks my commercial detection setup. Explosions rendered as a big
white flash get falsely marked as commercial breaks. So I have to turn off
the autoskip during that show.

[deletia]

     Works perfect for MythBusters and TimeWarp though...