[mythtv-users] No more hulu for Boxee

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Fri Feb 20 23:06:44 UTC 2009

Allen wrote:

> Hulu on Firefox on a button on Myth is a reality right now.
>
> <button>
> <type>TV_WATCH_TV</type>
> <text>Hulu</text>
> <action>EXEC xset -dpms ; DISPLAY=":0.1" /usr/bin/firefox "http://www.hulu.com" </action>
> </button>
>
> You just need a remote mouse to control it.

That was what I was planning on doing except I wanted it to run full
screen (I know, height of laziness, can't even get up to push F11).

I did a search and apparently there isn't a firefox CL argument for full
screen.

There's a this extension called autohide
(http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/autohidehelp.htm) that adds a
-fullscreen CLI option, but it does other things that I don't want
happening all the time when it is installed.  Next step is to look into
setting up a different Firefox profile (however you do that), and then
launch FF with the -no-remote -P "<profilename>" option and see how it
works.

Time is at a premium for me, so if someone gets to this before me and it
works, let me know.

Also, someone is bound to have .lircrc file stanzas somewhere for
firefox so you can use a remote.  A quick google came up empty though.

Jon S.