[mythtv-users] Proposed future power saving networked configuration (0.22 in mind)

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 00:58:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 02/19/2009 10:01 AM, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean schreef op 19-2-2009 4:42:
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/371460#371460 to see
>>> how the new PSU's are saving me $1.5/mo each at $0.10/kWh.)
>> Is this on the other side of the pond? Here we pay 20-22
>> eurocents/KWh, you're lucky ;)
>
> Yeah, I'm in the US--specifically, Florida--where we have some very
> cheap electricity.  Some states, like California, have much higher
> costs--like $0.31/kWh or so.

Whoa, things are expensive here in California, but not nearly that
expensive.  Rates here are typically tiered depending on usage.

Base rates typically start a bit over 10c/kWh, with the highest rates
(for those heavy users) peaking around 30c/kWh.

My typical blended rate usually ends up around 13-14c/kWh, and I
consider myself fairly light on the electricity usage compared to
others (350-450 kWh/mo is typical).

-Dave