[mythtv-users] Can't use 'delete and allow rerecord' for recordings when the file is missing

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 02:11:35 UTC 2009

I lost all of my recordings, but that is a story in another thread. I want
to clear out all of the recordings from the database now, so that when they
come on again they will be recorded rather being skipped because mythtv
thinks they are previously recorded. My plan was to select them in the watch
recordings and the choose 'delete and allow rerecord'. However, my only
option for recordings with the source file missing is 'delete'. I tried
using the 'delete+record' option in mythweb but that fails and does nothing.
I am aware of the mythtv.find_orphans script, but from what I can tell it
just removes the orphaned recordings from the recorded table. If I do that
will the shows still be in the previously recorded table and thus will not
record when they are aired again? Will the find orphans script work for me.
Or is there some manual way of removing these from the previously recorded
table?