[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Sat Feb 21 04:46:30 UTC 2009

If you read between the lines, Hulu wants you to view Hulu content
only on computer web browsers and portable computing devices. That
means Hulu does NOT want you viewing Hulu on your TV NOR do they want
you to replace your cable/sat content source with Hulu. Hulu was
created to augment cable/sat content not replace it.

And that's exactly what has been happening with Hulu on Boxee. Users
were dropping cable/sat right and left. Check out the forums and
posts if you need verification of this.

The terms of service for Hulu did not change due to Boxee, in-fact
Hulu devs worked WITH boxee devs to enable Hulu on Boxee. This I know
because I work with Boxee regarding running Boxee on the AppleTV.

Hulu (more it's content provider) just was not prepare for the
enormous user adoption of Hulu on Boxee. By enormous, we are talking
100,000 users or more. The content providers realized that they were
losing cable/sat subscribers, panicked and are trying to close the
door.