[mythtv-users] auto transcode HD from a hdhomerun -- PLEASE HELP

Sam Bruner sabruner3 at juno.com
Sun Feb 22 02:20:10 UTC 2009

I have recently purchased a hdhomerun for my mythtv frontend.  I tried to get an external converter box to work with my irblaster but did not have any success.  I have gotten the hdhomerun to work but my machine is not powerful enough to decode these hd files for viewing.  I would like to transcode all of my recording to a low resolution similar to what used to be recorded with my pvr-150.  I what the shows to be viewed directly in my mythtv box and only want to have one file (the low def) stored.  I have tried all sorts of things but the myth does not seem to be transcoding the files even if I say to.

I really need help, and at this point may need some simple steps to get this working.  I have read about people using external scripts.  I was thinking that this was built into the current version of mythtv.

Please assist.