[mythtv-users] Stupid question - deinterlacing

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 04:19:27 UTC 2009

Hello,

Perhaps this is a stupid question. I have a 1080p plasma panel and
watching the OTA 1080i signal, the picture looks real good. So to me,
that would infer that the TV has a good quality de-interlacer built
in. I don't know if it is possible, but could mythtv switch the video
signal of the graphics card to match the OTA stream and leave it to
the TV to perform the work in making the picture look as good as it
can on the display?

Cheers

Phil