[mythtv-users] Rolling back Nvidia driver -- there has to be a better way

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:40:55 UTC 2009

In my ignorance I updated my nvidia driver attempting to answer a question
for this group.  Immediately any TV show went black.  I was told that I
needed to set Option "NvAGP"  "0"   because the new driver killed AGP.  I
did that but now I get a ton of buffer errors and want to go back to the old
driver.
I noticed the other FE system I have, which has almost identical hw, uses
169.12.  Googled and was sent to the nvidia site but that driver was not
there. I downloaded 169.07 and tried to run the script.  ERROR, cannot run
script in X server.  Pkilled X but just got the X login.  selected a
terminal there but got same error.  Googled and was instructed to hit ESC at
boot up and enter Recovery mode.  Ran script and was told by the script to
enter mode 3, which took me back to my Xwindows..  Grrrrr.  Back again and
found a recovery mode where the script ran but it said that this driver
was incomputable with my kernel and did I want it to recompile.  Noooo.
There has to be a better way.......

HELP!!!!

Allen