[mythtv-users] high cpu utilisation with bob deinterlacer

Adam adam at fastmail.com.au
Sun Feb 22 22:46:51 UTC 2009

> That is an odd one.  I'm running almost the exact same version of
> everything under Gentoo, except that I'm still on the 2.6.27-gentoo-r7
> kernel and I use fluxbox rather than xfce.  I'm using the 177.82
> nVidia drivers.  On my Dell 4700 3 Ghz P4 frontend the typical usage
> of mythfrontend and X combined is probably about 60% total playing
> 1080i.  X rarely uses much of any at all.
>
> I have always had UseEvents on my the way.  I recall that without it I
> would frequently have X using almost 100%.  Also note that I recently
> disabled OpenGL vsync in MythTV and got RTC working, as that was
> causing locking issues that got much worse with the 177.82 drivers.

Thanks Tom,
Well I don't have vsync enabled in mythtv anyway, so that isn't the
problem in my case. Nor is UseEevents because that doesn't help either.
Could you please elaborate on what you said about RTC. I read a wiki
which explained the three frame timing methods, but didn't elaborate on
how to change them.  I figured out mine is currently set to usleep on
both PC's.

I'm going to mess around with the PC for a couple of hours today. If I
can't figure out the problem I'll try switching video cards (9600GT with
8800GT)