[mythtv-users] VDPAU datapoint

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 23:40:29 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/23 Kevin Bailey <ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org>:
> Could this have caused the "pegging" ? Advanced 1x is now working
> (not that I'm certain it wasn't...)

It certainly could.

When I active realtime on my box ; under some conditions (like moving
a window on top of mythtv) will cause a 100% CPU usage and everything
freeze ; including X and the mouse pointer won't respond.

> Well, maybe I just don't have the eyes to see the difference
> but it seems to do the same thing as software.

What kind of screen do you have ?
On my 46" 1080p TV it is certainly shows heaps...

With the software deinterlacer (including the new hardware accelerated
OpenGL ones) there's always a slight flickering on white text...
This doesn't happen with VDPAU.

So did you solve your issue about tearing ?