[mythtv-users] VC-1 now supported on all GPU supporting VDPAU !!

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 01:20:05 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/25 Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for posting!  I was about (as in 10 minutes away from) ordering one
> from Newegg.  I need VC-1 for Blu-Ray - so now I need to figure out the best
> one to go for..... any suggestions? :-)

Well, it's not just VC-1 support that has been added to all CPU ; they
have also provided changes on how deinterlacing is made so the
advanced deinterlacers can work on low-end GPU...
This will require changes in MythTV VDPAU code, so stay tune

I would be looking at a 9500GT otherwise as it's fast enough as it is...

But it's likely that other video cards that didn't have the grunt
before will soon be "fast enough"