[mythtv-users] HDMI vs DVI->HDMI

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Wed Feb 25 12:52:33 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/2/25 Friedrich Clausen <fred at derf.nl <mailto:fred at derf.nl>>
>
>     As far as I know, HDMI and DVI are electrically equivalent and the
>     only difference is that HDMI supports audio and HDCP. So you there
>     will be no quality reduction with the DVI -> HDMI adapter and I would
>     recommend keeping it. This is what I use and it works very well.
>

> DVI supports HDCP too

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think MythTV (or more accurately
Linux) supports HDCP. And without any way to get at encrypted sources,
there isn't much point in doing so as it just adds complication.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us

This message is signed with GnuPG using the Enigmail Thunderbird plugin.
My public key: http://jacob.steenhagen.us/gpgkey.asc (91DE47A9)