[mythtv-users] VDPAU and AGP e.g. HDTV capable 7600GS

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 25 20:06:16 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

If VC-1 has been brought down to the 8000 series cards (and also 7xxx?) by driver updates
and 7xxx AGP cards are included in the 180.xx driver stream
and the 7600GS (and others) are said to be HDTV capable

Will the 7xxx AGP cards also become (or even now be) VDPAU capable?

While I understand there are architectural differences in the 7xxx and 8xxx series, can drivers overcome any perceived limitations
(that were also thought to limit VC-1 to the 9xxx cards)?

I could not find any reference in the NVIDIA documentation that distinguished the VDPAU threshold, other than being in the list, or
not.  The 7600GS is in the 180.xx list.

Is this merely a matter of someone trying it now?