[mythtv-users] Soundgraph iMon VFD 15c2:0036

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:38:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM, S2 <s2.akira at tin.it> wrote:
> Hello all, I really hope someone can give me some clues, because I tried about
> everything and I don't know what else I could have missed.
> I followed the instructions on
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/SilverstoneTek_LC16M#15c2:0036_on_Ubuntu_8.10_via_LIRC_CVS
> and everything seems fine. the lirc0, lirc1 and lcd0, lcd1 devices get
> created, and if I echo something to lcd0 it shows on the display.
> But I can't get lirc to work. I modprobe lirc_imon and the devices get
> created. Then I downloaded the lircd.conf file and moved it to /etc/. Then I
> run lirc like described:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --
> pidfile=/var/run/lirc0.pid --listen=8765
>
> /usr/local/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --
> pidfile=/var/run/lirc1.pid --output=/dev/lircd --connect=localhost:8765
>
> and I can see lirc running. No errors, everything seems fine,
> but if I run irw  (with lirc running) or irrecrod (after killing lirc) nothing
> happens. I press the keys on the remote like mad, but the ir receiver does not
> detect them. What could it be?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

1)  Make sure the batteries in the remote are in correctly and are
working.  If you have the same remote that I have (I've got this box
from about 2 years ago), there should be a small LED on the remote
that lights up when it is sending a signal.  If not, try using a video
camera/digital camera that has some "night shot" capability so that it
can see the infrared signals.  In short, make sure the remote is
putting out IR signals.

2)  Make sure that the IR receiver is receiving the signals and
outputting something.  I'm not really sure how to do this short of
sticking a VU meter on some of the leads, but I'm not sure which ones.
 Someone else might have a better approach on this part.

George