[mythtv-users] Soundgraph iMon VFD 15c2:0036

S2 s2.akira at tin.it
Wed Feb 25 23:10:00 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 23:38:03 George Galt wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

> 1)  Make sure the batteries in the remote are in correctly and are
> working.  If you have the same remote that I have (I've got this box
> from about 2 years ago), there should be a small LED on the remote
> that lights up when it is sending a signal.  If not, try using a video
> camera/digital camera that has some "night shot" capability so that it
> can see the infrared signals.  In short, make sure the remote is
> putting out IR signals.

the remote works and the batteries are ok, because I have an other mythtv box
with an other ir receiver that gets the presses from the remote if I am in the
same room.

> 2)  Make sure that the IR receiver is receiving the signals and
> outputting something.  I'm not really sure how to do this short of
> sticking a VU meter on some of the leads, but I'm not sure which ones.
>  Someone else might have a better approach on this part.

The ir receiver works also, because when I hit the "Power" button on the
remote when the pc is turned of, it turns the pc on, so I guess that the
receiver end is ok.
At this point I think it is a software issue. I checked out the latest cvs
version of lirc, maybe there is a bug? Can someone that got it working give me
the date, or the revision of the lirc checkout that works? That would be
*very* helpful.

Thanks