[mythtv-users] What's a good projector for Myth?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:34:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> When most content watched is still standard resolution, do you think the
> resolution of the projector is going to make that much of a difference ?

It makes a big difference to me, and I made it clear that I was only
speaking about my own opinion-- Everything I watch with the exception
of two shows is at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.  So yes, the resolution of
the projector at that projected size makes quite a bit of difference
to me.  I know that you live in .au where HD broadcast is less
prevalent, but it is quite prevalent here in the USA.  Many, many
people are able to watch all of their shows in 720p or 1080i.

> It's not like suddenly sees big pixels everywhere because it's a 720p
> projector.

Actually, it's exactly like that.  The pixel size between 1080p->720p
projected on equivalent screen size will be correspondingly larger.
On a very large screen, that pixel size may not be within the
individual users tolerances.  My personal level of what is acceptable
did not allow for 720p at that projected size.

> I recently upgraded to a 1080p projector (Panasonic PT-AE2000) but before
> that I had a PT-AE900 for a few years ; projecting on a 120" screen
>
> It was ace.

So you have your opinion and I have mine.  Kinda like I said in my
first message.

Robert